The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is located in the heart of Wellington City and features a unique thoroughfare between the leading retail district of Lambton Quay and business hub of The Terrace. You will stay within walking distance to TSB, Shed 6, Parliament and Te Papa, making the hotel the ideal location for meeting planners and conference delegates.
The Hotel features 269 accommodation rooms, two restaurants and bars, and a complimentary in-house gymnasium. High-speed internet connectivity is available throughout the Hotel. The exclusive 26th floor Harbour View Lounge offers premium guests a space to unwind and relax in a private setting. Featuring alluring views of the harbour from the lounge.
For meetings and events, the Hotel has a diverse selection of eight meeting and conference rooms, catering for up to 300 delegates.
From board meetings to conferences, training workshops to gala dinners, our experienced team has the knowledge and resources to ensure your function runs smoothly and with style. We provide the following facilities and services:
• 8 conference rooms in a variety of sizes
• Experienced event management and operations team
• Dedicated catering facilities and convenient access to Whitby’s Restaurant on the 17th floor
• Whitby’s Restaurant can be used for lunches, break out space and entertainment before or after your event
• High speed internet access in all rooms
• Audio visual equipment, lighting and theming services available
• Seating for up to 240 delegates theatre style and 200 guests banquet style
• The option to utilise the entire 16th floor for larger events
• Beautiful views of Wellington with natural lighting in most rooms